Modelling of methanogenesis in underground gas reservoirsin Vienna, Austria for 40 hours a week
That could be your future
You expand your expertise and bridge your science to industry.
That’s important to us
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering knowledge to simulations and system designs;
- Expertise with state-of-the-art simulation tools (e.g., STAR-CCM+, Fluent, OpenFOAM);
- Very good programming skills (Python, Matlab, R);
- Ability to extend out-of-the-box features with user defined functions;
- Experience in building reactor simulations that include multiphase flows or chemical kinetics;
- Experience with pilot facilities or industrial collaborations is highly preferred;
- Ability to work independently and in teams;
- Deliver high-quality scientific results;
- Excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving.
That’s what you should know
The research will take place in the working group “Computational Biology” in collaboration with BOKU and Uni Vienna.
Supervisor’s contact: Prof. Jürgen Zanghellini
Further information on the project: https://www.underground-sun-conversion.at
Minimum yearly gross payment of EUR 56,800
Start: as soon as possible
And now it’s your turn! Give us an idea of who you are.
Application deadline: 15th of December 2022. Of course, we welcome applicants of all sexes (f/m/x), backgrounds and ages.